Thursday, January 30, 2020

My Entrepreneurship Story



I was first introduced to entrepreneurship at a young age. I think most of us were if we think about it. From girl scouts to holding a car wash, or even owning a lemonade stand, entrepreneurship has been instilled in us before we even knew what it was. For me, I am deep in the entrepreneurship world due to me being in the innovation academy here on campus. In our program, we work to identify problems and find solutions to those problems. With our solutions, the next step is to make it happen, make it into a real thing. That's where innovation comes in. We work to create a real-life solution to a real-life problem. In past courses, we've had to make inventions that were solutions to certain problems and think about things like our target audience, marketing, production, and costs. It's when those things come into play that innovation meets entrepreneurship. In my last innovation course, many groups competed to make the best device for children in primary school that would help enrich their education. My group chose to focus on children's feelings and how unresolved emotions can impact the ability to learn. We created the "Feelie Friend" to help with that. The feelie friend was an interactive teddy bear that based on the emotion of the child would offer healthy coping strategies in order to help the child through that emotion. Even outside of college, even dating back to those lemonade stands, kids are running their own businesses and providing a service. Entrepreneurship is everywhere, you just have to look! I enrolled in this class because it is a requirement for my minor. I hope to gain useful knowledge that can help me make future business decisions in my career and help me get to know the business world a little more even as a consumer!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenna,
    Your entrepreneurship story was awesome! It is absolutely fantastic you were able to turn your interest and skills into a small business. I enjoy so much for your idea of helping young kids, I think they are so important to pay more attention to in our society, they are the future of our country and they should be taking care. Keep up the great work~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenna,
    I loved reading this story. I think you are absolutely right that we were all introduced to entrepreneurship at a young age, even if we really did not realize that that is what it was. I enjoyed reading about your small business idea and I think it is really cute.

    ReplyDelete