Thursday, April 16, 2020

Celebrating Failure



I'm sure I'm not the only one this semester who has seen some kind of failure. I think this assignment is more relevant to this semester in particular over past semesters solely due to one little pandemic we're seeing- coronavirus. This semester has brought some hard times to us all including moving classes to all online, student housing closing, and more. 

Personally, I am in some rigorous courses as well as many classes. My courses include chemistry, calculus, career and life span planning, entrepreneurship, and introduction to the pre-health professions. My failure includes each of these courses. Since being in quarantine, I have found myself slacking off. This, to me, is a failure. Seeing some grades slip and getting out of the groove of extensive studying has been hard.

Overall, failure is embarrassing. I feel, though, that there is always something to learn from failure. In some cases, it tells people what not to do but in my case, it tells me what TO do. I have learned that I need to focus on school and spend the same amount of time as I would if I were in school (if not more). I really think that this semester has been a wake up call when it comes to what I need to do to succeed in my academics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment