Thursday, April 23, 2020

Venture Concept 2

Update based off of feedback:

My feedback for my venture concept was all positive. I feel that there is not much that I need to change. With that said, I do feel that I could work out the kinks of the venture like how I plan on getting businesses to help me, how I will make money and keep my business afloat, and how I can ensure success in my business. I feel that for this course, it's hard to come up with the specifics of a business venture. Personally, I don't know how I would gain funding or break up the finances. For this class, I feel that it's important to evaluate things like market and advertising to that market rather than finance and the logistics of gathering specific resources.

A Homeless Vet's Incredible Physical Transformation - Jim Wolf ...

Opportunity:

The homeless population in Alachua county is getting out of hand. Too many people are suffering in the streets of Alachua county than normal. The people who have the need to get off of the streets are the homeless population. There are many different experiences that can have someone find themselves homeless. After interviewing many different people, I have found retired veterans, drug addicts, kids from abusive homes, and more. One size does not fit all in the homeless population. Everyone has different upbringings and such and yet have all found themselves in the same situation. Currently, these people are trying to scrape enough money together to have a phone in case of emergency and food for them (and sometimes family) to eat. They rely on panhandling on the street, some get welfare from the government, and others do worse things to gain money. The reason that I feel my business venture is important is that many people in the market are not satisfying the need to have housing because they simply can't.  Because of this is why my opportunity is huge for the community. I feel that my window of opportunity will be open for as long as there are people either currently homeless, recently homeless, or will be homeless in the future.

Innovation:

My innovation takes the form of service. Our service is a program that is designed to take in homeless people and refer them to our collaborative partners to learn a trade of their choice in order to become employed. During this time, they will also be taking classes with us in the office about the necessary tools to be a high functioning part of society. These skills include (but are not limited to) time management, money management, taxes, impulse control, sustainability, and resourcefulness. Once completed with the program, we will help them become employed and teach them about professionalism like resumes, cover letters, interview tactics, and more. Once employed, we will continue to work with them via caseworkers in order to help apply for things like government aid as well as housing. Once they are in a good spot, we will continue to reach out to them each month to ensure they are doing well and adjusting well to their new life. We will make money through the use of government funding as well as private sponsors.

Venture Concept:

We will utilize our resources in order to help the homeless population get off of the streets and reliably employed to ensure their well being. With our service, the problem at hand can be solved by taking them off the street, helping them get a job, and teaching them money skills in order for them to ensure their next meal. People will invest in our program for many reasons that include the image of the community, unemployment rates, and the economical benefits of having people off of the streets. Others may want to invest in personal interest or satisfaction as well. Investors in our program are also able to benefit from investing. Things like tax write-offs and personal honor can motivate those to invest and sponsor our program. There is nothing like our program so these people will have nothing to switch from. The mere fact that we can help these people not be hungry, dirty, or uncomfortable again is reason enough for them to choose our program. Our business will consist of educators, financial representatives, human resources, and caseworkers.

Minor elements:

1. Our most important resource will be local businesses who we will rely on the aid of teaching our students as well as potentially hiring them which will increase our success rate.

2. What is next for the venture if successful is branching out and creating programs all over north Florida, statewide, regionwide, nationwide, and potentially globally!

3. I see myself traveling all over the country to train and educate people on the topic and stigmas of homelessness. I also see myself traveling to open up new branches of our program as well as asking to be seen as a national organization by the government in order to receive funding from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment